Sonar360º by Movistar+ (P5 Level 0)
This 3-hour training by example will introduce participants to the notions of creating spherical content for Fulldome. Through a theoretical overview and demonstrations of techniques using 360 tools such as Camsphere for After Effects, 3D software such as Cinema 4D and real-time applications, participants will familiarize themselves with the processes necessary to create 3D visuals for an immersive environment.
- Introduce the basic notions of spherical production
- Spherical image capture methods
- 3D creation methods
- Creative composition methods
- Real-time creation methods and VJing
- Knowledge of After Effects or 3D software (C4D, Blender, 3ds Max, Maya)
- Basic knowledge of video editing, image processing, notions of video (resolutions, formats, codecs, frame rates)
The workshop will be taught by Sean Caruso a multidisciplinary artist working across the spectrum of digital arts. Stage & lighting design, video mapping, 3D motion graphics and VJing, his projects have taken him across Canada and Europe. In 2016 he joined the team at [SAT] Immersion, assisting the [SAT]'s artist-in-residence program and training participants in the creation of spherical content for immersive systems.
The workshop will take place at the Sonar360º by Movistar+ Fulldome.
Participants should bring their own laptop with their favorite creation software.
This workshop is fully booked. Nevertheless we recomend you go onsite if there has been any last minute cancellation.